Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Cross of Christ


Admonition 5

The Admonition given for our reading today is fittingly received on this shrove Tuesday as a gateway to the Lenten period of prayer and Sacrifice

Francis said ”However, what we may glory in, is in our infirmities, and in bearing daily the holy cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.”


This is one of the most Pauline Admonitions that Francis wrote, here it is echoed by St Paul in the Epistle to the Galatians
Galatians 4:20“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21“I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”


Galatians 6:14 “But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.”(New American Standard Bible (©1995))

No comments:

Post a Comment